Sunday, March 11, 2018

This is Nepal

It is not easy being a Nepali and living in Nepal. A few cases to ponder about: How many times you have read news? About vandalized hospitals and doctors threatened by the family members of the deceased; just because, their loved one has just died in that hospital?
Hospital is where people die!
If you do a survey, you will be surprised by the number of people who die in hospitals. More people die in hospital than they do in their own home. That is because; hospital is a place where people go for treatment of their diseases. Some of those diseases are curable and others are incurables. There is no guarantee that everybody recovers from the illness. Then, why do these people blame the doctors all the time? It is because the deceased person was young and has not seen the life? Will vandalizing hospitals and thwarting doctors solve our problem?
Road Accidents 
When some road accidents happen, the people start a protest on the street. They torch the vehicle(s) that had already met with the accident as if, that wasn’t enough. As if, the accident was pre-planned and was a plot to cause trouble for the road users.
Since when has road accidents become an intentional act rather than an accident? Will torching of vehicles and thwarting the driver reduce the road accidents?
Political Natural Disaster
When there is a natural disaster like flood swiping a village, river bank encroaching a land on its way, land slide, the politicians are blame for the disaster. I don’t know about other countries, but here in Nepal, natural disasters happens due to the political inability. It is a political issue. Will the blame game eradicate the such disasters in future?
Meri Bassai… the Language
And then there are programs on NTV like Merri Bassai and Jhai Kuti Jhai. Loud and cheap comedy programs made to teach the public a lousy way to vent their frustration. Teaching such loud talks and disrespectful manners to our kids is nothing to laugh about.
But, it seems nobody cares about it. These programs have always enjoyed good TRP (Top rated Program) on viewership ratings.
Nepali Media
These are some of the day-to-day happenings in Nepali media don’t have time to talk about such problems. Nepali media is too busy feeding us political junk – news, views, and deadlocks – to distract our mind from the main problem of our country. Our journalists have been complaining about not getting a true respect from the society. When will they learn to earn the ‘respect’ they desire and stop asking like beggars ?

Note : This article has already been published in Xnepali.com on March 9, 2011 

1 comment:

  1. Hello how are you?
    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near Madrid. I am a person very interested in knowing things related to the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc., in summary, I am a person who enjoys traveling , learning and respecting the diversity of people from all over the world.

    I love to travel and know all the aspects mentioned in person, but unfortunately, since this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, I came up with a way to travel with imagination to all corners of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of stamps since this activity allows me to know in an original way some aspects such as fauna, flora, characters, monuments, etc. of all countries. As unfortunately, every day it is more difficult to get stamps, some time ago I started another collection in which my goal would be to get at least one letter from each country and territory with postal autonomy in the world. This modest objective is feasible to achieve in most countries, but unfortunately it is impossible to achieve in other different territories for several reasons, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty, they are territories with small population or because any reason, their postal system is not working properly.

    For all this I would like to ask you a small favor:

    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Nepal? I understand perfectly that you think your blog is not the right place to ask this, and even, it is very probably that you will ignore my letter, but I would like to draw your attention about the difficulty that I have in receiving a letter from that country, besides, I do not know anyone or where to write in Nepal in order to increase my collection. A letter for me is like a small souvenir, it's as if I had visited that country with my imagination and at the same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way of promoting a country in the world. My postal address is as follows:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Calle Valencia, 39
    28903 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    I would also like to invite you to visit my blog: www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com there, if you wish you can take a look at my collection and in this way understand in a more graphic way why I make this request.

    Finally, I would like to thank you for the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my sincere wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your loved ones.

    Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete