Friday, January 13, 2012

Rich does not tickle your funny bones

I do watch any comedies shows or movies or any program on TV. Now a days, I have been watching comedy circus, for quite a some time and I watch almost all the good quality comedy programmes on TV. To name a few are America’s Funniest Videos, Just for laughter Gag [Canada], Comedy Circus[Indian]. When Mr. Bean [UK] was on air, I was his huge fan and just like me, he made the whole world laugh with him, with his rubber face. Then, he was my all time favourite comedy star, its only that I did not find some of his movies that funny at all.

When I see all these comedy, I see one thing distinctively connected in all the comedies and the comedians also. The connection is, that the poor people make the whole world laugh with them, not the rich with some selected group only. We laugh at the kind of problem they face, as they say it in such a way, instead of feeling sorry for the problem they are facing but we laugh at it. Rich people or story based on rich back ground only makes us think hard, what the money is really for, but not laugh at it. Rich peoples story gets blurred in spending huge money in useless material things, and owning every things makes them feel good, but the other half of the worlds does not find it funny at all.

Charlie Chaplin came from a very poor family back ground and he also had very troubled childhood due to his parents separation. his mother could not talk the divorce and then she was mentally disturbed when charlie was very young. Yet he is the king of laughter. I have a problem though while watching his soundless movies I just don't get it at all, and watch the screen with confused look, with out even understanding. Its so that, I used to find myself laughing days after watching what I had seen, as the scene would not go away easily from my mind. I know, I am stupidly funny.

Raju Srivastave one of the winner of The Great Indian Laughter show, is also regarded as an accidental reality show star. He came almost from nowhere, and suddenly he was everywhere after winning in the first episodes of the show. Like many of this shows contestant, he too came from very poor family back ground and is from the poorest part of India also. He can make you laugh with is facial expression of the light blinking on in any village wedding party, which I bet he must have attended once.

Mr. Bean [ Rowan S. Atkinson ] comedy of him also was not a rich mans’ story. Mr. Bean used to live in very small apartment and used to struggle to provide food on the table who dropped at this door even at the Christmas time and do you remember how he sent those children, empty handed who came at his door, singing carol. the fact is that he could not give them anything it in fact should have been heart wrenching condition like this but he made us laugh on the odd most situation like this also. Its done in more funny and rib tickling manner. I am not really surprised though that looking at his family background and the time length he spent on making people laugh like crazy is so limited compared to other two in the list for the one I missed them to mention here.

Poor people have the courage to mock at their poverty. Okay, not all the poor have such courage to mock the poverty but the few who did this by telling us his story honestly, have risen from rags to riches.

Honestly, give me one name who made you laugh last time, until you cry and it was a rich mans story.

No comments:

Post a Comment