Sunday, July 12, 2015

Creative Healing

And, I was hypnotized.


This was my first experience of being hypnotized. No, they did not use pendulum to hypnotize me, they played music to send me in my deep consciousness. Let me put it clear about this art of hypnotism, for some reason I am not much sure of it. Oh, should I be more precise here ? the Indian way of hypnotism is what I have


Hypnotism is the knowledge to tap our subconscious mind. Very few can practice it on their own and most needs to be helped by others. It's understood that we need to be helped by others, even though we our self can be in touch with our deeper self by gaining some knowledge about the subconscious mind and autosuggestion.  I have had some reservations for eastern way of practicing the art of hypnotizing to reach our inner self. I agree, not all are misusing it, but majority are not using it properly either. Thus my deep inhibition about it. Indians are practicing it as  secret art, when other Asians and westerns are sharing it by writing good books to tap your inner power. My best pick on this is, The Fourth Dimension by Dr. Paul Yonggi Cho. I don't like dark side of it which I keep seeing, being the topic of top Indian TV show CID or other crime shows. I always thought why such dark art was not censored as it gives really bad idea to the wide circle of viewers.


Its interesting to know thought that how easy it is to some who have gained knowledge about it and how easily it can be practiced without we even knowing about it. well that's what happened in my case.


Hypnotism through music : To be honest, I am not much of a music lover like so many of you. But, last Sunday at Youth Action Nepal office, we, a group of Quake Volunteers got a chance to experience a creative healing - through music. It was kind of channeling our energy for better result in our everyday life and work. For that, relaxing our mind was as vital as eating food for life. Relaxing is not always meant taking a good night sleep, as some get it. Relaxing also means getting rid of all the negative forces from our head which is keep bothering us even when we are sleeping. Its not that easy to do it in real life as it may sound to read in words. But, that healing through music seemed too easy to do this work, and that is really seemed a magical art. Sunni from Australia and her local team was there to give us this experience and they were telling us that a healer from Philippine was here after the quake to heal the country after the earthquake.


When I was being hypnotized, I did not even know what the music had such strong effect on me [and others]. first, we were told to lie down on floor, letting our hands and legs in free flow. close our eyes. Breath slowly. A member of the healers team said it's for relaxing your mind and body. In the beginning one member of the creative healing group was saying us to breath in and breath out, go deep in your body and trust in ourselves; when we look us from within. The music was played very slow and almost no existing. It did not even sounded like music for couple of minutes. But slowly it became louder and lower and mostly it contained the natural sound like the waterfall or the sound of wind and other such sounds that soothes our mind in a matter of moment, without we consciously realizing it.


If I am not mistaken, this must be the music composed by Enigma, as it has some signature mark on it. As I was under the hypnotism so, wont be able to give you much about the music in detail, one thing for sure it has mixed eastern musical instruments with natural sounds that was played well to soothe our mind and body at the same time. Members of the team were speaking in rotation in calm and low voice, guiding us to visit our inner self. When we were lying there, like that and music was playing; the healers slowly put their hands on our body parts sometimes it could be head with a finger softly pressed on the center of forehead where women put tika. Some times they pressed our belly, chest and touched legs at the gap of about 10 minutes from each body parts they worked on. At one moment, one of the healer raised my hand and moved it slowly in round motion.. He/she had done it so slowly that I don't even figure it out fast, it's been touched and moved.


I paid close attention to this move of my hand that was moving. I appointed my conscious mind to pay attention to my unconscious mind, what is my hand is doing ?  When it was moved in round motion and left after couple of slow motion moves by the healer. It just kept moving in round motion for more than two minutes or may be more. It was amazing, how it was moving on its own, without the consent of my conscious mind; even if I was fully conscious and paying close attention to that move, thinking should I stop it now or let it move and watch how long it keeps moving.


When I wanted to stop it, I found out I can.


However it was not the same case with Sujita, a fresh pass out nurse from college, whose hand kept moving until it was slowly left by the Healing member. What is interesting to pay attention here is, she was not the only one whose hands was moving in the same direction which they would not have been able to continue, if their conscious mind was alert. Had that been done in their conscious state, they would have felt the pain in their hands but as they were in unconscious mind so they did not felt pain, even if, it was moving for more than 20 minutes as shared by the healers later on with us.


The music was slow in the beginning,  it was loud in between and the healers were moving the sound from one end of the room to other end and one side to other. Sound was traveling on all directions, so it had the same effect in our mind. When we were called back from the spellbound of music, it came to the same sound as it was started in the beginning for about five minutes may be more and slowly we were told to come back to our conscious self.


Once the session was finished we were given a blank sheet of white paper and a crayons to draw on it. We were also encouraged to share our thought on this. A couple of participants said they were feeling so heavy on head. Deepa wanted to know why she felt she was feeling the tremor on earth and felt her whole body was moving like she felt during earthquake.


As far as I am concerned this creative healing energized me and recharged all my energy thoroughly and I felt relaxed. I knew, it was the music that did tremendous work  one me than the healers, that's what I told them when my turn came. Needless to tell you,  I told them give me that music.


It was such a refreshing meditation - if we can use the word meditation here - that, now; I want to learn everything about it and more than that I want that music in my computer, mobile and pen drive. I really want to be the bundle of energy to move everywhere to infect everyone with good vibe that flows from me.


I would like to thank The Hub and Sunni Dawson, the main organizer of this one hour session.

No comments:

Post a Comment