Thursday, September 12, 2013

What heroes teach us ?


 Movie industry is the best place to learn lessons of life. Lead actors do give us more powerful story through their life  a huge part to enlighten us with their relentless effort or work, which do not have anything to do with story they love to tell us on screen. What you see on screen and what they tell you with their lifelong work is so different. Here are some such story, which I find a lot more interesting than the movies they do or make.
Persistence : watching Mr Bachchan on sets of KBC is simply awesome and a kind of mesmerizing power he has over Indians or the people around the world. But what has power to pull me towards him to be look up to is, noone in the movie industry has seen the kind of ups and downs as Mr Bachchan had seen. He had lost almost 10 corod in a single night, which made him bite dust; and it sure took time for him to recover from his bankrupt. As a result he had to nod his head to do the television show which until then was regarded demeaning to do for a star which height had power to tower over bollywood. Who knew then, KBC would be the most watched show in the history of Indian Television.  It has been said and believed, that the ‘who wants to be a millionaire’ KBC in India made Mr. Bachchan millionaire than anyone else on the show. It sure helped him to clear all his old dues. his story tells us the failure is temporary only. Failure is temporary to those who persist in life and permanent to those who quit and never try again.



Let your work speak : Sanjay Dutta was charged for being a part of Mumbai explosion in 1993 for keeping the kind of weapons, which was used for exploding Mumbai city. This explosion not only shook Indian but the whole world with the kind of brutality it carried with it. If they say they had evidence to prove it; they must be right ! But then, I had seen this special documentary on an entertainment channel about his life. During that time he was recovering from drug addiction, and his father was new in politics. There was chaos in the city, his mom was muslim and father was Hindu. A reason for mob to attach them anytime, so he kept the weapon for self protection, which he said repeatedly in his defence. But what forced me to change my mind about him, not to take him as a bad guy is, if he was really that bad guy, who could blew off the city and take life of hundreds of innocent people, then why was he accepted by the decent people; who work in the movie industry ? No, I am not reasoning why director took him as a lead character, but how come his co-stars got comfortable to work with the man, who was regarded such bad boy by media ?  



They too could have avoided him as bad boy.  In that document one reason, for why he was sent to jail was given that, it was due to political rivalry his father facing    politics. That's why they say dirty politics ! The document also revealed that, when he was released from the jail after serving 18 months under the TADA court, harsher criminal act, he straight went to see Balraj Thakre’s home, before even heading to his home, to thank him for the support he had shown him during all the time when he served his time in jail. No one should forget that his parents bother were also a yesteryear’s star of Bollywood, his father was with him through the thick and thin. His story tells us, what is seen should not be believed as real truth.



Stubborn Determination : I have read in one of those movie magazines back in ‘80s that Zeenat Aman’s English was very poor when she was in school but she was determined to improve it anyway and sure she did it. When I read this, she became my role model to take this matter in my hand, so when people compliment me today about my English and some even ask where did you study ? your English is so good ! Times like that, I forget to thank Zeenat for instilling the desire in my mind to improve my own poor eng against all odds.



Dignity : Years back, when I was still in school, I read in a movie magazine about a small incident about Dev Anand. That magazine had mentioned, how Dev Anand had tackled an uneasy situation with one of his team member while shooting for a movie. He had said in a calm voice, “don't shout, I also can raise my voice.” I was growing up in Bal Mandir, when I read this, which changed my entire attitude about shouting and presuming this is how we should make our point clear. Truth be told, I grew up in a shout culture and everyone shouted at each others and thought they made their point clear that way. Without raising a voice, it was considered that the others would not grasp our viewpoint fully and shouting was the only way to make her/his point clear.  



I saw so much truth and power in that simple sounding line. Honestly speaking, it totally changed my attitude about raising my voice to make my point clear, as well as the way I view about the actor. I have to admit, he was never my favorite actor, but  he will always be remembered as a pure gentleman. Because of him, I know that, I don't have to raise my voice to make my point clear, even though I was growing up in a society; which practiced the shout. Firmness and quiet tone has a lot more power to emphasize on said words than the raised tones. I have learned it by now, only weak people shout, strong one don't have to raise their voice to to be heard.



Working as a team : Everyone who is in this industry, knows about it, movie industry is all about a team work. But what I am saying here, working only with the person you are comfortable with, is also bring better result than teaming up with all stars with whom you share no compatibility. David Dhawan made movies mostly with Govinda and their team did have a power to break the box office records, even if the ‘pundits’ predicted it will bust out in box office. Their movies used to prove wrong to all those pundits. When they were a team, they were a winning team; when one is not around the other is lost in the allies of changing lane of industry. Adam Sandler teams up with Rob Snyder and we know it, their team is winning team. I can tell the movie made by Gary Marshall just by seeing some familiar faces it it, which works best for him.


Leonardo is on the top list of movie maker Martin Scorsese and together they have been a part of success movies. Rohit Shetty teams up with Ajay Devgan, Shahrukh Khan is favourite actor amongst the bollywood movie powerhouse, Yash Raj Movie. Likewise, every one have their own team of songwriters and singers and whole camera crew to work with. Jay Leno works with same creative team and TV crew for last seventeen years. Paring of Maha jodi is also one of success story of working as a team. Everyone has their favorite team to work with, and if it works for you, stick together.








No comments:

Post a Comment