Thursday, September 26, 2013

Haunted and Stranded

I do believe in Ghost and its existence on earth. Oh my God ! having said that I think, I just admitted; I also believe in the existence of souls. Souls that wander around us all the time; after leaving the body. But, hey; I am not afraid of them, because I am sure, I really have not hurt anyone to that extent; they will come around to haunt me down.

I am not afraid from dark, neither I am afraid of the ghost, meaning it will harm me in anyway. During my school days, I used to read so many stories in Indian magazines, with very compelling truth behind it. If not all the time but mostly its troubled souls, which get trapped on earth, due to their ‘unfinished’ business on earth. Extensive study on this subject matter reveals that, mostly  suicide cases and those who were murdered are the ones, whose souls keep lingering on earth until ‘it’ gets even with the one, who caused the trap on earth.

Couple of years ago, I hardly used to miss the Ghost Hunters, a reality TV show [now it gets aired on AXN]. A program made by two British guys, geared up with all the state-of-the-art equipments to catch the invisible souls in the camera, trying to find the existence with evidence of a haunted souls - ghost.  

Let me tell you here one thing, Britishers or the ones, who fear most with the ghost and think their house is being haunted and they believe it more than other nations. Its maybe that, when they do that kind of survey, they do not even think of the country like Nepal and India, if they do; then they will take a deep sigh saying my God, we are not alone; who fear from the invisibles.

The interesting point of this show is that, unlike Indian babas or sadhus, who do this without knowing what they are doing with the person or haunted house; this reality TV show allows us to see every bit of their investigation, almost from the beginning. Normally, it start from the complain they get, from the haunted house owner and the team leaving their office to be at the scene to do the investigation, which takes place mostly at night and their reporting of the findings with solid proof, which they captured on TV.

Some souls are really very disturbed and they don't want any investigators including house owners to stay in the house, they have been living and they keep telling them to leave the place with their own way; surprisingly some are very cooperative and meekly respond to the question and give a clear sign that they are their.

I picked this story from Learn to Live - 2: This was reported in a newspaper Pune. An eight year old boy was suffering from the torments of a disembodied spirit. The rich father  spent a lot of money to cure him of the scourge, but in vain. They heard that in the Dattareya temple of Narasobawadi such scourges were cured. The Parents took the boy and stayed there for two months. They offered worship to the deity, offered prayers. Finally, the ghost revealed the secret of how he came to possess the boy. “I was walking on the road, this man slung a noose around my neck and killed me, and robbed me off the five hundred Rs. in my possession. I turned into a ghost. For the past seven lives, I have been into a ghost. For the past seven life's I have been searching for my murderer. I caught him at last. I will not give him up”. The father, who was greatly worried about his son said, “I am prepared to return your money with interest in any manner you suggest, release my son from your hold”. The ghost said, “he killed me, I am bound to kill him”, the ghost never let go the boy, soon the boy was dead.

After reading this story, I went in deep ponder to think and think real hard, who was victim of revenge and hatred ?  The boy who died or the the ghost who could not free himself from hatred, that took him seven long lifetimes, in search of the person ? We all hate one or the other to some extent, some may hate bit too short and some may hate too long but the big question is how much one should hate someone ?

In the first case the findings is captured in the television and some sounds recorded in audio instruments too, they confirm to the house owners, that there sure live some unseen power[s] then, they leave the place with the confirmation. The house owners and now they also get the invitation from the big corporate houses across the Britain and at times some army barracks also have started inviting them to see the reasons behind the unsolved mystery that resides in the house or within the periphery of the premises.

At the end of every the Ghost Hunters show, my mind never stop asking me one question what next ? What is the use of finding and confirming  some invisible living in the house, other than the house owners. What should be the next step by the owner ? Leave [sell] the house now ? Just then, I some what seem to be appreciating this illogical, irrational and insane sounding solutions, when they say, “donate the purple shawl, to the diseased”, coming from our eastern babas, sadhu or at times our very own priest to offer peace puja, so that the trapped souls may find peace or at times even find freedom from the situation. Sometime, maybe we need to be just compassionate, rather than trying to find some rational reasoning and answers to something beyond the power of human beings.  How can we deal with invisible powers like souls ?

---
note : This story was first published on Nepali Advocate on October 16, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment