Thursday, June 13, 2013

Why Science & Math Mystifies Me ?

Science has always been one of my weakest subject, when I was in school and to top it all, it was math which made me even more weaker. I somehow could manage to get the pass marks to make it in science, but, math just got angry with me. Have you read my earlier blog post ? its my math and science teacher who was not happy with me, and this may be the major reason; why I am so very poor in these two subjects. But, this post is not about my math and science teacher so, I won't cover that part here.


Science just eluded me when I tried to understand it. Why it was so hard like Mandarin [Chinese language] to understand. I could read the lines but could not figure out what those lines were telling. My comprehension in science just comes to nil. I can't get it even if I try hard to get it. But I think it's not the science that I don't get it, it seems its the scientist opinions, that I failed to get.


Here are just some of the examples why I failed to get when it comes to science.  One February 15, 2013 a space rock, which the Russian Academy of Science estimated,  weighted about 10 tonnes hit the earth. The rock fell on earth at the speed of 54,000 km/h. I get this much, besides it did not hit my home so its still ok if I fail to get the power and speed of its. But as I read further down the article, was that a meteoroid ? on The Guardian by Stuart Clark that had reappeared on the Himalayan Times on  February 17, 2013.

My brain got zapped at the point when the writer tried to give us the answer;  as I did not see anything wrong in the question, here is the question and answer that goes like this:

What do we do if we spot something big heading for earth ?


A recently formed working group of United Nations committee on the peaceful uses of outer space would be called into session. Known as the space mission planning advisory group, it is composed of scientist from Nasa, the European space agency and the world other space agencies. the groups would immediately meet to advise on who has the expertise to build the different parts of the necessary space craft and who should pay for it. then it would pass the decision to the hands of politicians.

As you see, there is nothing wrong in this question. But its the answer that made my brain go in deep thought.


Does this group of scientist are telling me to escape an accident that normally kills and damage a lot less people and properties than tsunami or other natural calamities and even other accidents which falls mostly on unpopulated areas. Although, about 40,000 space rock falls on earth every year but the major one that hit earth was on 1908, when an asteroid exploded in Tunguska region of Siberia. It had flattened forest over an area of hundred of square miles. Its size was estimated 50 meter across.


Do you remember how helpless Japanese scientist were, when the 2011 Tsunami affected their nuclear centres ? The whole world could not do anything, but just wait and watch for almost a month when the threat of exploding it loomed large. Then how come this scientists can prepare themselves from the speed that is almost four times the speed of a boeing plane ? Those who say scientist are crazy bunch of people, they must be right, at least that    solution they came up do suggest they are.


Then, there is one more scientific findings based on the research that appeared in American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Its about the sperm counting. In general this finding has nothing wrong except; I wonder how could they count sperms that has approximately 70 million sperm per milliliter the men produced during winter season ? The researchers found that men with normal sperm production has the healthiest sperm in the winter. For example healthy men produce 70 million sperm per milliliter of semen during the winter compared to summer. Do you know only about 5% have the motility or swimming speed which improves the couples chance to conceive babies. At the same time I am really curious how many milliliter sperm men produce at a time ?


Just tell me how could they count it so fast, when it takes every nation to keep track of population in every ten years ? which is combined years of  more than 20 - 30 years to count only about 7 billion population in the world. It took researchers from Ben Gurion University of the Negev in Beer-Sheva about three years during 2006 - 2009 to do this research. There were more than 6,000 men on this research to take part in the lead researchers fertility clinic.

Then there are some scientists who estimated that the current age of sun is about a billion years and its total age is about 5 billion. They predict that, in due course of time it will lose its heating power gradually. This prediction really got my all common sense.  Archaeological findings have revealed  time and again 100 of millions of years existence of life on earth. But, every civilization has ended earlier than 10,000 years, as much as our history supports it. None of the civilization has been successful to date back more than 10,000 years of history to prove their civilization story.


My other logic is when we do not have a history of more than 10,000 years of any civilisation, then how come a scientist can say that the sun has the age of only 5 billion years. Who will be there to keep the track of this prediction, when this civilization will one day end and then another will start ? Therefore, I think that the scientist must have bad dream before predicting age of sun.

But maybe its more than logic. His lack of knowledge that got clashed with my own knowledge. In the book by Dr. Swami prapannacharya what is in the Ved ? [p.11]  the age of universe is 15,55,21,97,29,49,982 years old. He had said the source of this fact is Ved, as the name of his book suggest. If we believe this fact, then just imagine the life of sun as guessed by western scientists, which is just 5 billion; has completed long time back and may be we have been living in dark by this time, based on that hypothetical prediction.


If you guess I have slightest idea how big the age of universe is, then you must be completely.  Told you math and science is my weakest subjects. But, one thing I am dead sure, that number is a lot bigger than the number 5 billion, the predicted age of sun by the western scientist. So big that I don't have to worry about living in dark, but will I or you or any of your ancestor will have to see or face that dark age which is going to happen 5 billion years later. So, in this matter does this even effect that I don't understand the science or the math in this case ?

But please keep in mind even if you reply my questions, remember my science and math is so poor, you might guess I might understand the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment